What to Do If LG Smart TV’s WiFi is Turned Off.
The worst-case situation is that your LG TV’s WiFi gets switched off for no apparent reason. However, if your LG TV claims WiFi is turned off, you can solve the problem.
I’ve been in this situation previously, and now I’m going to reveal how I fixed my LG WiFi when it wasn’t supposed to be switched off.
You will be disconnected from your WiFi & your LG internet connection will be canceled if you switch off the WiFi on your LG Smart TV.
If you want to fix your LG TV’s WiFi connection, we recommend reading this post since we’ll go through the many techniques you may use to get your LG WiFi connection working again.
Why is LG TV reporting that the WiFi is turned off?
If you get a notice on your LG smart TV that indicates WiFi is switched off but you don’t turn it off, it implies your LG TV has automatically disconnected from the WiFi or the WiFi has been turned off.
Your LG TV will be disconnected from the WiFi if the WiFi or Router equipment is switched off, and you will notice WiFi is turned off or disconnected on your LG smart TV.
However, the LG smart TV might be disconnected from your WiFi for one of the following reasons.
- The WiFi or Router has been disabled.
- The WiFi or Router is located far away from the television.
- The WiFi connection to your TV is restricted or backlisted.
If these are the reasons why your LG smart TV won’t connect to the internet, all you have to do now is switch on the WiFi. If, on the other hand, your LG TV WiFi is switched off, the following tips will assist you in resolving the issue.
Turn on the WiFi on your LG TV.
First and foremost, we’d like to think that you know how to switch on your LG TV WiFi in order to connect your TV to the internet, rather than the other way around, in which you don’t turn on your LG TV and expect the smart TV to access the internet.
- Turn on your LG smart television.
- To enter the “Home Menu,” press the “Smart” button on the LG TV remote and utilize the navigation buttons.
- On your remote, go to “Settings” and hit “OK.”
- Select “Network >> WiFi connection” from menu.
- Wait a few moments as the LG TV tries to connect to (invisible) WiFi.
- To connect to your WiFi, locate it and choose it, then enter the passcode.
The connection symbol on the LG TV should be marked blue after it has connected to WiFi.
What to Do If Your LG TV’s WiFi Is Turned Off
We tried several methods to solve LG smart TV WiFi switched off, but the following idea proved to be the most effective way to troubleshoot your LG TV when the WiFi connection fails.
Disconnect your modem or router.
To begin, think of this as the first step in resetting your Router without wiping away your personal settings on the Modem or Router. If your LG smart TV WiFi is randomly shut off by your Router or Modem, try cold booting the modem or router to see if it cures the problem.
Simply follow the steps below to cold boot your modem or router.
- For around 15 minutes, unplug your modem or router from the power source.
- Reconnect the router to the wall outlet.
- Wait for the WiFi to come on once you’ve turned it on.
- Go “Network >> WiFi “.
- Connect to the WiFi by searching for its name.
Now, give it a few minutes to see if your LG TV’s WiFi has been unplugged. If it does, you must go to the next step. But if it doesn’t, follow the procedures below since they could assist in the future if your LG smart TV WiFi keeps turning off unexpectedly or repeatedly.
Disable the Quick Smart Feature on your LG Smart TV.
Our investigation revealed that the LG smart TV fast smart feature might cause the LG TV to malfunction, especially if the firmware is outdated. Instead, we’ll look at how to disable or switch off the smart function on your LG smart TV to resolve the LG TV WiFi issue.
- Press “Home” button.
- Select “All Settings” from menu.
- Select “General.”
- Select “Quick Start” from menu.
- “Off” should be selected.
Check to see if you can connect to the WiFi by cold booting or power cycling your LG smart TV.
Simplink is disabled.
Simplink is another LG smart TV function that can influence how the TV talks with available WiFi. As a result, we propose that you disable it first and check whether the problem with the TV WiFi is resolved.
- Press the “Home” button.
- Select “All Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to “General” and choose it.
- “Simplink” is the option to choose (HDMI-CEC).
- If the functionality is enabled, turn it off.
Disconnect the power supply to your LG smart TV now. Wait a few seconds before reinserting the plug into the wall socket and testing the TV with your WiFi to see whether it has disconnected again.
Reset or check your time zone
The expiration of a router’s lease might have an impact on the WiFi connection. So you want to check your LG smart TV time zone to see if it’s causing your device’s WiFi to be switched off.
- Go to LG Smart TV Settings >> All Settings on your LG Smart TV.
- Select General > Time & Date from menu.
Examine the time and date zone to ensure they are right. If they aren’t, set the right time and date zone, then verify whether your LG smart TV’s WiFi connectivity is working.
Using WPS, connect your LG Smart TV to the internet.
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and it’s also known as a wireless pin code. If the WiFi-enabled gadget is unable to receive network signals, this is beneficial. As a result, we’ll utilize the LG smart TV WPS option in the Wireless connection settings to see if we can solve the LG TV WiFi that is turned off problem.
- “Home > Settings > All settings” on your LG TV remote.
- Select “Network > Wire Connection >” from menu. WPS Pin is used to connect.
The option to use the wire connection through WPS PIN will appear, and you may complete the settings by following the instructions on the screen.
Firmware for your LG Smart TV needs is updated.
If you want to have things done automatically, you could set your LG smart TV firmware update to automatic. When a new version is available and the TV is connected to the internet, your LG smart TV firmware will be updated automatically.
- Go to “LG smart TV Settings” on your LG smart TV.
- “All Settings” should be selected.
- Select “General” from the drop-down menu.
- “About this TV >> Check for Update” found by scrolling down.
The smart TV will manually check for available updates and download and install them. Meanwhile, the TV may resume throughout the procedure. After that, go to the network connection settings and connect to the WiFi to check whether it addresses the problem.