Discord is a voice-over-internet-protocol (VOIP) software designed primarily for gaming communities. Discord, on the other hand, is now widely utilized. You may have noticed that the Discord app’s notification sound isn’t working. Because most users keep the Discord program running in the background, this problem can lead to many communication problems.
This deactivated no notification sound is a massive concern for gamers since it prevents them from receiving direct communications. You will not be alerted when someone joins your channel or tags you if the notification sound is not working. You will be unable to hear any of these noises due to this problem. Furthermore, this problem occurs even when the notification sound is switched on.
A number of circumstances can cause this problem. So, in this article, I’ll teach you how to troubleshoot the Discord notification sound not working issue.
How to Fix Discord Desktop Notifications Sound Not Working?
Output Device Configuration
This problem might occasionally be caused by the output device you’re using. It’s possible that Discord has been configured to use a different output than the one you’re presently utilizing. In this case, all you need to do is alter Discord’s output setting to match your current device.
- To begin, launch the Discord application.
- You must now navigate to the program’s “User Settings” option. This option is located in the bottom left corner of your screen. A gear symbol represents this option.
- Select “Voice & Video” from the drop-down option in the settings.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, select “Output.”
- In this selection, you must select your device.
- Last but not least, the window must be “closed.”
Your settings have now been updated to match the device you are now using. However, if the Discord no notification sound issue persists, you may try the next remedy.
The Streamer’s Mode
You’ll find a setting called “Streamer Mode” within the program. This option is primarily intended for streamers who live-stream their gaming sessions. While using this app, the notification noises are turned off so that the streaming may continue uninterrupted.
As a result, if “Streamer Mode” is enabled, you will not be able to hear any notification noises. As a result, you need to disable it to activate notification sounds. However, because you never enabled “Streamer Mode,” you may conclude that this isn’t the reason for your problems. However, you are mistaken. It immediately changes to this mode when it detects that you’re using XSplit/OBS.
As a result, you may turn it off by following the instructions.
- Begin by launching the Discord program.
- Then, from the drop-down option, choose “User Settings.” This may be located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- You must choose “App Setting” from the drop-down menu. Then, from the drop-down option, select “Streamer Mode.”
- In this section, check to see if “Streamer Mode” is enabled or disabled. If you see that the option is on, you may turn it off by clicking the toggle next to “Enable Streamer Mode.”
- All that remains is for you to close the window and see if the problem has been resolved.
If the problem with discord desktop notifications remains, move to the following step.
Set up the server
If you’ve been experiencing issues with the Discord notification sound not working since installing the app, it’s likely that you’re experiencing a server setup problem. When you are referenced in the app, the app’s default setting is for it to play a sound. If you don’t hear anything throughout your massage, you may need to alter the settings.
As a consequence, you can change the server settings by following these steps:
- To get started, use the Discord app.
- Following that, right-click on the server icon. These are the servers with which you may be having problems. So, if you want to get sound notifications for each of these servers, you must repeat these steps for each one.
- After that, select “Notification Settings” from the menu.
- Then, in the “Server Notification Settings,” select “All Messages.”
- Finally, click the “Done” button.
You must now repeat these steps for each server or device you want to receive sound notifications. This should resolve the problem of your Discord desktop notifications not working. If you’re still having difficulty hearing the noises, use the following method.
Update your operating system and sign up for Discord.
If none of the previous alternatives have worked, you can try updating your Discord application and Windows to see if it resolves the issue. It’s conceivable that the problem results from a flaw in the software or Windows.
Microsoft Windows Updates
- The first step is to open the update page by pressing the “Windows” and “I” keys at the same time.
- Then, from the drop-down option, choose “Update & Security.”
- In the new window, click “Check for updates.”
- This will show you any available updates, which you can then download and install.
The Discord App has been updates
- You must first launch the Discord program.
- Ensure that your mouse pointer is on the Discord app now. Then, simultaneously press the “CTRL” and “R” keys.
- This will prompt the Discord app to check for and download any available updates. Because these are minor enhancements, you will not notice any alterations in the appearance of Discord. You may now refresh the app to see whether the problem with Discord desktop notifications has been resolved.